Journal Coaching Education Sports is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of physical education, health, and recreation, Pendidikan Kepelatihan Olahraga. This journal is available in print and online and highly respects the publication ethic and avoids any type of plagiarism. This statement explains the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the editor-in-chief, the editorial board, the peer-reviewers, and the publisher. This statement is based on COPE’s (Committee on Publication Ethics) Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
The statement of ethics code for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, which in essence, the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications is essentially upholding three ethical values in publications, namely:
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications;
- Justice, giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers; and
- Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications
Duties and Responsibilities of Chief Editor:
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, scale, and accreditation if needed;
- Determine the membership of the editorial board;
- Defining the relationship between publishers, editors, reviewer, and other parties to a contract;
- Appreciate things that are confidential, good for researchers contributors, authors, editors, and reviewer;
- Applying norms and provisions regarding the right to property intellectual property, especially copyright;
- Review journal policies and submit them to writers, editors, peer partners, and readers;
- Create code of conduct guides for editors and reviewer;
- Publish a journal regularly;
- Ensuring the availability of sources of funds for sustainability journal publishing;
- Building cooperation and marketing networks; and
- Prepare licensing and other legal aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Editor:
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers;
- Making efforts to improve the quality of publications sustainable;
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of written works published;
- Promote freedom of opinion objectively;
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record;
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and requests sorry if needed;
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, meanwhile the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility replied the author;
- ctively soliciting the opinions of writers, readers, reviewer, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications;
- Encourage assessment of the journal, if any findings;
- Support initiatives to reduce research errors and publication by asking the author to attach an ethical form clearance that has been approved by the ethical clearance Commission;
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about ethics publication;
- Assessing the effect of published policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewer and fix it to increase responsibility answer and minimize errors;
- Having an open mind to new opinions or views others who may conflict with personal opinions;
- Does not defend the opinion of yourself, the author, or parties third which can result in an objective decision; and
- Encourage writers, so they can improve their written work until it is worth publishing.
Duties and Responsibilities of Peer Reviewer:
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the paper and submitting the review to the editor as material determining the eligibility of a written work for publication;
- Does not examine the written works that involve him, either in a manner directly or indirectly;
- Maintain author confidentiality by not publishing the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations on the manuscript he studied;
- Encourage the writer to improve the script;
- Review papers that have been corrected accordingly with predetermined standards; and
- Review the manuscript in a timely manner according to style journal and based on scientific principles (method data collection, author's legality, drawing conclusions, and etc).
Duties and Responsibilities of Author:
- Ensure that the list of authors complies criteria as a writer;
- Collectively responsible for work and content manuscripts/articles covering methods, analysis, calculations, and details;
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly;
- Describe the limitations of the study;
- Responding to comments made by reviewer professional and punctual;
- Notifies the editor if you are going to withdraw his written works; and
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, never published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.
Please fill in the Journal Coaching Education Sports Publication Ethics Statement Letter when the manuscript has been declared accepted, it can be downloaded here.